sábado, 17 de dezembro de 2016

“GOOD OL’ CHRISTMAS”: THE BASEBALLS’ CHRISTMAS ALBUM




      In 2012, THE BASEBALLS decided, temporarily, take a break from the successful formula (rockabilly version of greatest hits of the musical scene) to release a Christmas compilation album in homage to great names of music such as Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Percy Como and Dean Martin, among others. The title: "Good Ol' Christmas" and the release was November, 2nd.

      In addition to the classic covers, including ‘Silent Night’, ‘O Holy Night’, ‘Driving Home for Christmas’ and ‘Little Drummer Boy’, the album includes three songs composed by the band: the Doo Wop Ring Ring (A Lovely Sound)’, the ballad ‘Father to a Child’ and ‘Dry Your Tears’, a song that seems to be made for Elvis.

     
According to Digger, the album was “a good way to bring the young people closer to this kind of songs". And Sam and Basti added: "We try to respect the originals as much as possible, otherwise we would destroy them."


      Even though they were thinking of making more danceable versions at the beginning, the members opted for a more “Hollywood Style” and this result was achieved thanks to the participation of the National Symphony Orchestra of the Czech Republic and the Macedonian Radio Symphony Orchestra.

      The album was a nice surprise for all fans, but as Sam stated: "Christmas is a time of surprises!"




      One of our admin (she is like Supergirl, should keep her identity in secret) did a Track-by-Track Guide:

      “At the beginning of the first song, 'Let It Snow' it's impossible not to remember Frank Sinatra. I can say the same of the song 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas', where Sinatra's influence is very remarkable. The version of 'Little Drummer Boy' was much more joyful and dancing, well to the style rockabilly.

      The next one, Ring Ring (A Lovely Sound), reminds a lot Doo Wop (which I particularly love) from bands like The Crows Gee. 'Silent Night' is a classic Christmas song and it could not be different, the original version was respected, but the boys gave a special touch with the snapping of their fingers and the voices imitating sounds in the background.

      In 'Winter Wonderland' again appears the 'Sinatra Touch' as well as we have the feeling of being in a 50's musical movie. While in 'Driving Home for Christmas' we get a pinch of Elvis Presly - just listen to the King's version Of 'Here Comes Santa Claus' - and a classic tone given by the sound of the violin. 'Father to a child reminds me of a classic Christmas song. 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree' became even better than the original version of Brenda Lee.

      'Dry Your Tears' also has some influence from Elvis, but from the more romantic side of the artist (hear 'I'll Be Home For Christmas' and note the similarities). The version of 'O Holy Night' has a gospel  music way due to the choral and harmonization of voices in the background.

      'Wonderful Dream' also has a touch of Doo Wop and again brings Frank Sinatra and the musicals of the 50's.

      The song that closes the album, and my favorite, "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" presents the best rockabilly style, I love the part of the harmonica - we can see a certain influence from Jerry Lee Lewis.

      In short: Good Ol Christmas is one of my favorite albums of The Baseballs and believe me after hearing it for the first time, my Christmases have never been the same ... they have been much better.

      Note: I am not an expert on the subject, what has been described here are my feelings, my perception of each song. But, I hope you like it. "

      We also ask to some fans around the world to give us their opinion about the album. Here are the declarations:

“At first I need to say: I am not a Christmas person ;-) Christmas for me is spending time with my family. My most "I do not like" song is ‘Last Christmas’ and I am soooo happy they did choose it for the Good Ol’ Christmas album. I love the songs from this album; I even hear them at summer time! I would love to have a live album of it and another Christmas tour ❤❤.  The album is filled with so much love; I love their voices on it! By the way I bought it two times”. (Susa - Germany)

“I Love the Christmas album of the boys! When i hear the Songs, i got so much christmas feeling! I hear the album every december! (Priska - Germany)

“I absolutely love Good ol Christmas! Every time I hear just one song of it I get exited for Christmas time and have the total Christmas spirit! It is a must have for xmas🙊 (Alina - Germany)

“Here what I think about Good Ol' Christmas: I love the fact, that The Baseballs released a Christmas album, because it's something you link with this special heartwarming time of the year. The song I adore the most from this album is Father to a Child. I didn't knew it before, but now it makes me shiver every time I listen to it. (Najade - Germany)


“I really love this album, it's amazing and i think it is much cooler to sing the Christmas songs in the Rock'N'Roll way, so you can shake and dance to the music of our boyssometimes i hear the album in the summer 🙈 for Christmas feeling 😅 I hope that helps you & sorry my english isn't perfect 🙊 (Jana - Germany)


“It was an awesome album and my favorite song of that is ‘Dry Your Tears’. And the Xmass Tour for the album was fantastic and I wish they would do it again. I really love the album” (Pia - Finland)

“Hi 😊 I love the album Good ol' Christmas 😊❤ It's combination of rocknroll and Christmas songs. I love Christmas time and this album I play every year in this time 🎄🎄🎄” (Jitka - Czech Republic)


“I think GOC is a super special album, not only because it's a Christmas album, but because the band came out of the comfort zone, composing Christmas songs with orchestra accompaniment. Not to mention the choice of the tracks and the powerful vocals. It is a very beautiful album!” (Pri – Brazil)



“About the album Good Ol 'Christmas, I confess that I resisted a little to listen, ‘cause I really don’t like a lot of Christmas songs, but when I decided to stop to listen, in the middle of the album I was with creepy hairs. “Father to a Child” was the song that touched me the most.” (Néia – Brazil)

“Well you know they are my fave band, the Christmas album is something amazing, all the songs are full of spirit and love you can feel it on the voice of the boys, is wonderful. I just don't listen to it on December, I do all year, cause I cannot get enough of their sound! 💕 It's so cool that Tbb has their own xmas album, I am grateful for that! And we all know It's something they always wanted to do and it came perfectly! I couldn't be more proud of the band. 👏❤” (The Baseballs Mexico Fanpage)

“The Christmas Album from The Baseballs is my favorite Christmas Album.  I hear it all the time. My favorite songs are ‘Father to a Child’ and ‘Dry Your Tears’. 😍😍😍😍(Christa - Germany)

“The Album is Great. My Favorite Song is ‘Father to a Child’. I hear so oft and can enough more it😉😉😉ITS great😘😘😘(Jacqueline - Germany)



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário